Monday, June 13, 2011

Today's CPS E-mail Exchange

And, so starts my week.

I sent an e-mail to Anthony Ramos:

Allegations



From: Sharon Secor
To: ANTHONY.RAMOS@dfps.state.tx.us
Cc: JAMES.BJORUM@dfps.state.tx.us  LETICIA.GARCIA@dfps.state.tx.us  CONSUELO.HERNANDEZ@dfps.state.tx.us  legalg@hslda.org

Date:Mon, Jun 13, 2011 10:03 am
 
Good Morning Sir:


I am respectfully requesting that you e-mail me a copy of your allegations. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Sharon Secor, Freelance Writer


His supervisor, Leticia Garcia responded:

RE: Allegations



From: LETICIA.GARCIA@dfps.state.tx.us

To: sherrithewriter@aol.com

Date:Mon, Jun 13, 2011 5:27 pm

Ms. Secor, Mr. Ramos is out today. This serves as a response to your request. I am unable to provide you with the written allegations either by e-mail or regular mail. The investigator, Mr. Ramos will need to meet with you personally to provide you with this information. Please let him or I know as soon as possible when you can meet with him to discuss the reported allegations. Your cooperation is truly appreciated.



Letty Garcia
Unit QO Supervisor
Region 10-Marfa
432-729-3131

My response to her, which I also forwarded to their legal department:

Re: Allegations


From: Sharon Secor

To: LETICIA.GARCIA@dfps.state.tx.us

Cc: CONSUELO.HERNANDEZ@dfps.state.tx.us  ANTHONY.RAMOS@dfps.state.tx.us  JAMES.BJORUM@dfps.state.tx. legalg@hslda.org

Date: Mon, Jun 13, 2011 8:40 pm

Ms. Garcia:



Let us not be disingenuous here. You and I both know that under Texas law, it is my right to have a copy of your allegations. A right stands on its own. It is not a privilege to be denied.


In addition, a right is not a bargaining chip. I have a right to a copy of those allegations, meeting or not. Those are two separate issues.


Perhaps you are not responding with a lack of candor. Perhaps your response stems from a lack of knowledge, rather than a deliberate effort to deny me my rights under Texas law.


Because I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on this point, I've done you the favor of forwarding our conversation on the matter to your legal department so that they may enlighten you on the subject.


I shall look forward to seeing your spurious allegations against me.


Sharon Secor, Freelance Writer


Friends and Readers, Readers and Friends... Please feel free to use the above contact information to remind these people that they are bound by law to respect the rights of my family and myself. It has been my experience that these sorts of people are more inclined to do so when they know that others are watching.








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why won't these people leave you and your family alone, Sharon?

Anonymous said...

I think there are a variety of factors involved, but I'll name a few. This is how they make their money. If they do not trap people in their system, then they cannot justify their need for state and federal taxpayer dollars for their salaries, perks, and pensions. When people refuse to make government officials follow the rules -- i.e., insist that state and federal constitutional protections are honored and refuse to tolerate laws that supercede or chip away at those protections -- government will consume more and more of the people's God-given (birth-given, for the atheists in the crowd)liberty. And, petty tyrants, accustomed to fear and subservience, simply cannot tolerate those who demand that their rights and the clear simple words of the state and federal constitutions be honored.

However, I will say this -- many positive things have come out of this experience. One of the most positive is that these people have, in fact, done something better than I ever could.

What they have accomplished is to ensure that the next generation of my family -- my children -- know to the bone, to the very bottom of their souls, the true nature of the State. I couldn't have taught them to despise the illigitimate power of the State any better. There is nothing I could have said, done, or taught to so deeply influence their understanding on this matter. They, too, will practice resistance with all their might for their whole lives and one day, they, too, will proudly and clear-sightedly raise their own revolutionaries.

Come see how beautiful, how powerful Wall Street is or help your local protestors, because the Occupy movement is spreading out of NY and into the rest of the nation. Help shape the movement into one that is about liberty, one that is about defunding these criminals that would have us all as serfs and slaves.

Viva la revolucion! Carpe Liberatum! Resist, resist, resist! And, never surrender. Sometimes it is necessary to retreat, go into hiding, travel the underground roads... you know, live to fight another day and all... but surrender? HA! NEVER.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry this is happening to you, Sharon. So sorry.

Concerning the Wall Street crowd, exactly what are they protesting? I've seen some of their signs and listened to some of them talk, and I'm not impressed. At all. When Nancy Pelosi, Al Sharpton, Richard Trumka, and those of their ilk support a movement as such, chances are pretty good I'll be moving in the opposite philosophical direction. And now parallels are being drawn between the "Arab Spring" protests and the Occupy Wall Street protests? Really? God I hope not. Let's pray this isn't the case, because what's happening in the Middle East is a huge cluster f*ck. Since when is the Muslim Brotherhood and Al-Qaeda preferable to Hosni Mubarak and Muammar Gaddafi? Unless one is an Islamic supremacist, imperialist, and fundamentalist, I don't see how this will benefit anyone anywhere.

I seriously doubt the Occupy Wall Street crowd cares about the sanctity of the individual. They seem to me to be more of the statist, collectivist mindset. Am I wrong?

At any rate, Sharon, I'm a fan of yours and man, I just wish you and your family all the best.

Anonymous said...

You are exactly right about the collectivist vibe... not that I have a problem with collectivist solutions in principle -- for people to believe in that sort of thing or for people who agree to participate.

See, that is the primary problem I have with the left. They are not content to run their lives in their own little (or large) collective group. No... convinced of their intellectual superiority, they are sure they know what is best for everybody and insist on inflicting their views on everyone else. You know, it's not enough for them to not eat salt, they have to make laws to reduce the amount of salt we eat (via food service regulations, etc.)That sort of thing... lefties do that all the time.

So, what does that mean to we who believe in the rights of the individual? Does that mean we have no place here? Ahhh... this is a fledgling, unfocused movement. We need to teach, we need to speak, we need to shape the ideological base, the intellectual foundation of the movement before it solidfies to the left.

Think about the first revolution here... wasn't it writers and thinkers who set it in motion? Thomas Paine, etc., pushing ideals into public debate... And, that's exactly what we need to do. Let's utilize the energy of the movement and keep pushing for the changes we believe in.

And, defunding the government is the first thing on my mind, because that will force it to shrink.

All the Best to You!