Friday, March 6, 2009

A Man After My Own Heart...


See the whole letter. It pleases me to see so many people coming to the same sorts of conclusions, people of various backgrounds and incomes, of different generations and upbringing. It gives me a glimmer of hope for the future.

Here's an excerpt:

"March 5, 2009
To: Treasury Secretary Timmy Geitner
Fr: Craig J. Cantoni
cc: Barack Obama
Hey, Timmy: You, your boss, and your IRS agents are chasing me, but none of you will be able to catch me, because the faster all of you go, the slower I’ll go.

I’m not referring to a foot race. I’m referring to slowing down my work and taxes. No, I’m not cheating on my taxes as you did. What I’m saying is that the more you tax me, the less I’ll work. The same holds true for millions of people like me.

I have cut my income by two-thirds over the last decade to get into a lower tax bracket and to reduce how much my fellow Americans steal from me."


Until Next Time...

No comments: