Thursday, June 7, 2007

Up With The Sun For A Change...

I rarely see dawn from this side of the sun, as in getting up early. Usually, I see the sun come up as I'm ending my day. I had much to do last night, but slept right through from 2 AM on. Laid down to nurse the baby and that was it...

Fortunately, my lapse didn't harm my sourdough bread. The first rise went beautifully, and I'm waiting for the second rise so I can bake it. My sister and I have been using this method. I've never been a fan of store bought bread, and used to always make my own...

With the recent wheat gluten contamination problem, which may or may not have found its way into the human food supply, depending on which news sources you believe, I just can't buy bread and other wheat gluten products in good conscience, not when feeding it to children. So, I am making all of our bread.

I also have decided to stop feeding my dogs -- two Great Danes -- factory food. I've switched to home cooked real foods for them, two meals a day, and when I run out of the current kibble I have remaining, I will be making my own, as I like to free feed, having food always down for the boys. The kibble is for them to snack on through the day, between their meat, potato, rice and vegetable meals.

I'm so pleased -- I've been doing Strike The Root for about a year or so now, and my sister just recently got a regular day there. This Sunday, my brother joins the Strike The Root guest editing team as a fill in or occasional guest editor. I can't wait to see the third Secor added to the list of regulars on the side of the page, ha ha ha.

My mother was right -- I've radicalized the whole crew.

2 comments:

David L. Secor said...

I think mom may have given you too much credit, lol. We have always been free-thinkers, and a bit wary of the government. Remember, while Clinton was still in office, I had that little site called revolution-now.com, or whatever it was called. Never did anything with it, but it was meant to document our gradual slide into fascism. Now, with the accelerated slide, and our warmongering foreign policy, it is past time to actually start informing other people about this situation, and, however unlikely, get something done about it. Unfortunately, apathy abounds, and the administration's power grab is almost complete.

Sharon Secor said...

Indeed, what you say is true... however, I do like to think I had a little influence. Hell, I'm not tryin' to take the blame for all of y'all, despite our dear mother's insistance that I bear the burden of blame. I, of course, explained to her that it was really her fault anyway. After all, wasn't it she who sat me down one day after school -- in the 4th grade -- and explained to me the degree to which the so-called fact in our textbooks were influenced by the point of view of the writers, rather than what really happened? Just because your teacher says it doesn't make it true, she said. Just because it's written in your textbook doiesn't make it true, she said. And, I believed her and thank her to this day, ha ha ha.