Friday, March 4, 2005

Another Beautiful Day... Professionally, Anyway

My DSL came back today! (It was temporarily disrupted by the move) Dial-up is truly hellish to deal with.

Also today -- like the wise freelancer who understands the feast and famine cycle of writing -- I paid my rent for the ENTIRE YEAR. I fantasized about the lap-top that I so desperately want, and a couple other more pressing personal needs/wants, but like the good, responsible parent that I am, decided that the best course of action would be to pay my rent straight through to the New Year, thereby significantly reducing my monthly must-have.

Another cool thing happened today -- an editor who runs three newspapers interviewed me about my February Morality In Media column, Exodus: Is It Time To Leave The Public Schools Behind?

Professionally, I have a lot to be grateful for. But, I must admit to feeling a sharp pang of sadness as one more wasted egg came to my attention. So, I shall just have to contemplate and practice acceptance and being happy with what I have. I've made my formal petition to God on the matter and will just have to accept God's decision gracefully.

Until Next Time...

No comments: