Sunday, January 30, 2005

A New Start... Again

I start this at midnight, just as Saturday becomes Sunday, the start of a new week. A week in which I hope to be more organized, more responsible. Yep, my new on point self will be goal- oriented and priorities-driven. While the renter-boarder-back-room-inhabitor is still here, I'm past sweatin' it. I have a schedule and I'm going to stick to it.

I've been reading good stuff today.

Truthout.org ran a good piece, Who's Dying In Our War?

Here's an excerpt:

In a celebrated incident on Dec. 8 in Kuwait, Tennessee National Guard Spc. Thomas Wilson surprised Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld during an impromptu press conference, asking why Guard units were being sent into Iraq with inadequate armor on their vehicles. Cheered by his fellow soldiers, Wilson claimed that his unit was forced to rummage through local landfills for "rusted scrap metal and compromised ballistic glass . . . to put on our vehicles to take into combat."

"I call it the 'question heard 'round the world,' " says military historian Col. Mike Doubler, a Tennessee native who served 14 years in the Army and nine years in the Guard. "There is a growing perception-among guardsmen and reservists-that there are two armies in Iraq."

Today, as I do every now and then, I read Jon's Jail Journal.

A cyber-associate, who happens to be an excellent thinker and entertaining writer, began a blog today.

I read an interesting press release, Fingerprint Technology Gaining Ground In School Food Service.

Also read some interesting articles, including The Emergence of the Homeland Security State and How To Control People.

And, now, according to schedule, I should get to work. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Until Next Time...






No comments: